Search This Blog

Saturday 23 March 2013

Review: Giorgio Armani Maestro Fusion Foundation

I was chuffed to receive a decent size sample of Giorgio Armani Maestro Foundation.  I had read a lot and heard a lot of mainly good things about this foundation so I asked for a sample at the counter in Harrods and the assistant was really kind and chose what she thought was the best shade for me and put it in a little pot which I have so far used three times and there is still loads left.  Here is the sample I got (I have just realised this photo doesn't show how big the pot is - apologies!):



The assistant told me that when I apply this I should use my fingers and not a brush so I went with her advice and I have to say this stuff is really easy to apply and a little seems to go a long way.  Its got a very watery texture and a silky feel to it, it blends really easily, much easier than any other foundation I have ever had before.  I have loved using it the past few mornings as its really quick to use (I have been a bit too friendly with the snooze button this week so time has been of the essence!).

If you don't like the feeling of wearing foundation I would definitely recommend this, I can barely feel it on my skin but at the same time it gives a good medium coverage and is buildable - I get redness on my nose and on my cheeks which I really dislike so I love that I can build this up and leaves me with a much more even and flawless looking skin.

The only downside for me is that it seems to make my skin a bit oily, not at first but after lunchtime (thats after about five hours wear) I seem to go a bit shiny.  I know thats nothing that a bit of powder wouldn't sort out but my other foundations seem to hold up a bit better than this one.

I tried Shade 5 and I would say its a perfect match for my very pale skin with cool undertones.  The only reason I wouldn't purchase this is because of the oily skin issue but I was still impressed with the ease of use and coverage.  I will however finish the sample. 

It costs £36 for a bottle and contains SPF 15.

No comments:

Post a Comment