Search This Blog

Monday 18 March 2013

About to purchase: Chanel Les Beiges Healthy Glow Sheer Powder

Its a rainy Monday in March so there is only one way I can think of cheering myself up - a beauty purchase!

I had read a great review on Visionary Beauty http://visionarybeauty.blogspot.co.uk/2013/03/chanel-les-beiges-healthy-glow-sheer.html and was quite tempted by this product.  So at lunchtime today I trotted off to Boots and the assistant on the Chanel counter tried two of the lightest shades on me - they are 10 which is the lightest and 20 which is still light but slightly warmer.

Firstly I wasn't keen on the lighting at the Chanel counter, they were bluey tinged and I can't think why they don't use a daylight bulb(?) anyhow I couldn't see much difference to my skin with the 10 shade but with the 20 shade it did make a real difference and gave my pale skin which has cool tones a real warmth.  I decided there and then to buy it but they were out of shade 20 - DOH!

I figured that maybe this was a blessing in disguise and that I could take a step back and keep checking the mirror to make sure tha I do really like the effect of this powder.  It was helped by a colleague telling me I looked well (that can only be down to the powder right?!)

I am 95% sure that I am going to buy this powder......I will post back shortly if I do!  I should mention it costs £38 and comes in a cute compact with a brush that felt really soft.  I will post photos shortly.

I would love to know if any of you are thinking of buying Les Beige Powder or if you have - what are your thoughts?

UPDATE - I did purchase this (c'mon you knew it was going to happen didn't you?)  Please see my review post for my first impressions and photos!

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for the link :) What a shame it was out of stock, you'd think they would have a good stock level being as though its only recently come out, still at least it gives you time to ponder :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're welcome! It is a shame but it is good to ponder....but I shall not ponder for too long! I am off to a different Boots at lunchtime today to purchase :-)

    ReplyDelete