Search This Blog

Monday 25 March 2013

Boots Haul from the weekend!

I scalded my hand on Friday night when filling up my hot water bottle (London is seriously cold at the moment boohoo) and due to my lack of concentration I ended up pouring hot water over my hand - ouch!  So on Saturday morning I found myself in Boots to buy some cooling gel for my bright red hand (which is miles better today thankfully) but I got sidetracked as Boots are offering three for two on a lot of their beauty products and make up tools.......well it would have been rude not to!

I bought the following:


1. Max Factor Giant Lip Pencil in Passion Red £6.99

I wore this yesterday and was really impressed, the colour is lovely and lasted for a good eight hours!  Max Factor describe the product as having "intensive colour gloss for lips" and they are right, the colour is intensive and there must be a stain in there as lip products don't normally last that long on me.  This pencil didn't dry my lips out either which products that stain my lips often do so I am chuffed with this purchase.

2. EcoTools Bamboo Eyeshadow Brush £5.49

I have used EcoTools makeup brushes in the past and I love them, they are reasonably priced, washed well and apply makeup perfectly.  I already have two eyeshadow brushes at home but a girl can never have too many I think so I decided to try this one.  I used it this morning for the first time with my Urban Decay Naked Basics palette and I am pleased to say this Eyeshadow Brush matches up to all my other EcoTools brushes. 

The Brush is fairly large and wide, is synthetic and picks up a lot of shadow, a quick tap on the brush and then I applied.  It feels soft, almost fluffy I would say and I know from experience that these brushes wash well and don't shed so I am happy that I chose this brush.

3.  Bourjois Healthy Mix Concealer £7.49

I had read about this concealer recently and some bloggers were giving it holy grail status so I tried shade 51 on the back of my hand and it seemed to give good coverage and it felt really nice so I decided to give it a go....a bit risky as I normally always want to try concealers on my actual face before purchasing.

I used this yesterday and today and all I can say is "Wow"!  I know its only been two days but I am seriously impressed with this!  I have tried many concealers - Estee Lauder, Laura Mercier and Kevyn Aucoin to name a few and I have to say I don't feel they have a patch on this stuff which is probably a third of the price of some of those!

Firstly the shade 51 is very light so perfect for someone like me who is really pale but I do get redness in my skin - luckily I made the right choice and this is perfect on my face (and not just on my hand).  It feels nice, you just need to squeeze the tinest bit out of the tube and it blends really easily, it gives great coverage but and this is what I really love, it doesn't get cakey or settle into lines so is perfect to use around the eye area.


I love that I got such good products and it only came to £14.48 as the EcoTools brush came for free - it certainly cheered me up after the burnt hand incident! 

No comments:

Post a Comment