Search This Blog

Wednesday 20 March 2013

Review: Chanel Sublimage Masque Essential Regenerating Mask

Yesterday when buying Chanel Les Beige, I asked the assistant if she could give me a sample of a facemask.  I have gotten out of the habit of using a facemask, I think the demise happened when I got a new bathroom fitted and ended up with a great big shower and no bath.  However I love the whole process of putting on a facemask and feeling that your skin is that bit better afterwards so I have decided to shop around for a new mask. 

The kind assistant gave me a smaple of Chanel Sublimage Masque Essential Regenerating Mask.  I don't really have much knowledge of Chanel's skincare but I am a big fan of their make up so was really happy to give it a go.



Sorry about the poor photo quality - I am having real problems getting good photos at the moment, I am going to blame the grey weather we have been having!



I applied the mask in the shower last night.  Firstly I washed my face with my favourite cleanser - Dermalogica Special Cleansing Gel (I must do a post about this soon) and then I applied a generous layer of the mask which I left on my face for about ten minutes.

The mask didn't really have a smell.  It has a nice creamy texture and felt fine on my face, there was no stinging or tight feeling. 

After ten minutes it rinsed off easily enough and when I inspected the results in the mirror afterwards I thought my face looked healthy and glowing and again it didn't feel tight.  This morning I thought my face looked nice and clear.  I applied my usual make up and a good friend said to me I looked well.....of course I don't know if that's down to the mask but I definitely enjoyed using this mask and I reckon the tube contains another two uses.

The downside (ah there is always one isn't there?) I have been online to see what this mask costs and its not cheap.  I believe it comes in a tube but I haven't been able to find the price of that, I did find the price of a jar of this at Boots - you could 50g for.....wait for it......£145.....ouch! 

Whilst I don't mind splashing out on skincare I think I would have to draw the line at £145 so my search will continue.  Can any of you recommend a really nice face mask?

6 comments:

  1. Great review! This sounds a lovely mask but agree ouch at the price! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. But the mask works! I've had a sample and loves it so much, i'm going to buy the full size.. I guess the 50g will last me at least 9 months based on once a week use. The texture is really nice & creamy. I have had colleages complimenting me on my clear skin too, though i'm not sure if its due to this mask. i'm using the sublimge la cream too .. its so so rich, a little goes a long way .. i wake up feeling softness on my face. Guess I will just have to cut down on visits to the restaurants so I can continue to indulge on this range. Besides this, I'm also using clay mask from Fresh, Oxymask from Bliss .. no comments on those .. they were gifts so I just use them ..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are right Kye, it really does work! Did you buy the full size? When colleagues give you compliments you know a product is good!

      How did you get on with the Fresh and Bliss masks?

      Delete
  3. I bought this duty free as I'm a skincare addict. Cost £104. Couldn't believe the price but only using it twice a week will make it last.
    My skin is combination,with an oily t zone and dry patches around my chin. This mask does not irritate or cause breakouts. I have read other reviews where the user puts on a thick layer around the eyes. I have Don this a couple of times and it really helps with fine lines. My advice is NOT to wash it off. I put it on early evening and let it sink in, then go to bed in it. When you cleanse the next dat your face is plump and fresh looking. It won't help with sagging though or deep wrinkles,it's not miracle cream. If you buy this as a moisture mask you won't be disappointed,and its a pleasure to use. Good luck, Janet. Aged 50. X

    ReplyDelete
  4. I bought this full-priced at Nordstrom in Los Angeles. The store girl recommended it to me because I said that I was having a really bad case of itchy red dry skin (lots of weather changes here right now). She recommends you use a teeny little bit --the size of a finger nail. That little bit goes a long way. So, while it costs a lot, you use it only twice a week for almost a year. She also recommended it in lieu of a night cream once a week. For my 54 year old face, this was magical. It changed the entire texture within the first week. Worth every penny.

    ReplyDelete