Search This Blog

Tuesday 2 April 2013

Review: Crabtree and Evelyn La Source Hand Recovery

I first used this product quite a few years ago (probably over ten - eek), the reason it popped into my head again recently is because my hands have been so dry lately.  I think this is due to this extra long winter we have been having and the effects of central heating.  I didn't help matters much by spilling almost boiling water over my hand two weeks ago - thankfully I haven't done any serious damage and now the only telltale sign is some dry patches of skin.

So I am going all out to get my hands back into decent condition and when browsing in John Lewis at the weekend I decided to take advantage of a 10% off beauty promotion they had on and I bought the Crabtree & Evelyn La Source Hand Recovery.


This stuff is amazing, I can't believe I haven't used it in so long.  It makes such a difference to my hands.

So, what you do is apply the scrub (which contains sea salt, algae, rich shea butter and lavender oil) to your dry hands, massage it in for 30 seconds or so and then rinse off with warm water.  You then pat your hands dry and you can feel how lovely and soft your hands feel after just that step.  I then apply a handcream and then my hands feel super soft! 


I should mention the scent - its so lovely and fresh.  On the Crabtree & Evelyn site they describe the fragrance as "relaxing sea air and shoreline breeze"!  Gorgeous!

It costs £16 for 100g but you only need to use a small amount two or three times a week so I think a tube would last ages.

2 comments:

  1. I love this! Just picked up a Deep Steep one which seems nice x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hadn't heard of Deep Steep so just looked them up online, it seems like a really nice brand. Do you think the hand scrub is as good as the Crabtree one? x

      Delete