Search This Blog

Wednesday 3 April 2013

Review: Spa NK Aromatherapy Associates Indulgence Massage

I was lucky enough to receive Space NK vouchers for Christmas and my birthday and whilst it was tempting to spend it on some of lovely products in Space NK, I decided to treat myself to a visit to Spa NK in Westbourne Grove in London for some pampering.

I chose the Aromatherapy Associates Indulgence Massage for an hour and a half (I normally just have half hour back massages so this was complete luxury for me)!  Booking a few weeks ahead over the phone was painless but you do have to leave your card details or voucher serial number to hold the booking which I think is fair enough.

I arrived 15 mins early as requested in my reminder text and was given a locker with my own key and shown to the lovely changing rooms, you also get your own fluffy towelling robe and flip flops to change into.


The changing rooms are equipped with Talika make up remover, Bumble and Bumble shampoo and conditioner, Space NK Life Uplifting body lotion, shower caps and a hairdryer - it feels like they have throught of everything.  Once changed into my robe and flip flops I headed to the chillout area to relax and drink some water.



My therapist then came and collected me.  The treatment room was large, dimly lit, warm and there was calming music being played.  The therapist had a nice chat to me before the treatment started and asked if there were any areas she wanted me to concentrate on or avoid and I was able to tell her all about my achey back and shoulders (lucky her!)  I then chose the oil she would be using by sniffing five different Aromatherapy Associates Oils, apparently you will like the smell of the one that your body is craving.  I chose Equilibrium which is said to be both comforting and uplifting during challenging times.  I have to say it smelt blooming lovely too!

The massage itself was amazing, thats the only way I can describe it, the therapist used medium pressure which was perfect as I wanted any knots dispensed with but at the same time I wanted the treatment to be relaxing.  The treatment included a scalp and facial massage and the scalp massage was nice but the facial massage felt lovely, I never thinking to myself "ooh I'd love a face massage" but it felt so relaxing and for the next few days my skin definitely looked plumper and clearer. 



I was practically asleep by the end of the massage and couldn't believe an hour and a half had passed so quickly!  The therapist then got me a glass of water and I went back to the chillout area and I was then bought a lovely pot of Tea Pigs tea which was lovely.  It was so nice to sit down with a hot drink in a comfy area and come to slowly.  There were books and magazines to leaf through if you wanted to sit there for a while.

I give Spa Nk a big fat ten out of ten!  The whole experience was truly lovely.  Most importantly the treatment was everything I wanted it to be - relaxing and effective, the therapist was excellent and really knew what she was doing, the decor in the spa is so calming and from the moment you walk in you kind of go "aahhh" as the aroma of Aromotherapy Associates oils waft around the place.  You access the spa through the Space NK store and as soon as the door closes behind you, it's as if the rest of the world melts away.

Now if I could only win the lottery I'd come here every week!

My massage cost £95 and I paid for it myself with my vouchers.....is it too early to write to Santa to ask for more?!

No comments:

Post a Comment