Search This Blog

Friday 5 April 2013

Review: Essie Hip-anema

Today I decided to go bright on my nails, this extended winter we are having in England is making me a bit "meh" so I figured if its not bright outside it will be at least on my nails!

The colour I chose is Essie Hip-anema which is from the Spring 2013 range called Madison Ave-hue.  I assume the inspiration for this colour came from Rio's Ipanema.....in fact when I saw the name of this polish the song "Girl from Ipanema" started going round in my head - I am not sure that's a good thing!




This is a very bright red with a strong hint of orange.  Its so bright that I was worried it wouldn't look right on my very pale skin but I actually think it does work.  There is something very satisfying about the bright pop of colour!  I have already decided that I am going to paint my toenails this colour when I go on holiday at the end of next month - it will be perfect for the beach.


I should probably add that I am also wearing an Essie basecoat and the Seche Vite topcoat which I think is the best topcoat ever.  It leaves nails looking super glossy and seems to extend the life of the varnish.

Have any of you tried this colour or any of the colours from the Madison Ave-hue range?

No comments:

Post a Comment