Search This Blog

Thursday 11 July 2013

Review: Laura Mercier Caviar Stick Eye Colour in Amethyst

I was in Selfridges on Sunday to re-purchase an Illamasqua Precision Ink, I had told myself that I would only buy this but I was weak and stopped at the Laura Mercier counter for a look at their eyeshadows!  Yep, you can guess the rest!

I was looking for an eye colour that is unlike anything I own (I do tend to stick to neutrals) and I started swatching the Caviar Eye Sticks.  I was really taken with a few of the colours but knew I must steer away from my usual favourite colours.

The assistant told me that the Eye Stick in Amethyst is one of their best selling colours and that she thought it'd look nice on me as I have blue eyes.  I took her advice and bought it!



The eye stick is a bit like a crayon which you twist up from the bottom.  You are able to twist it back down too which I really like as so many products won't twist back down once you have twisted them up (if that makes sense!)


The first morning I used this at home, I really liked how creamy it is, I applied it onto the eyelid (I didn't use a primer) and then blended with my ring finger.  At first I wasn't sure about the colour - its a smoky mauve shade, but once I had my eyeliner and the rest of my make up on, I loved it.  The shade seemed to really flatter my blue eyes.  

There is a very slight shimmer in this but I quite like that, however yesterday I layered a powder shadow (Urban Decay's Naked 2 shade) over this and that takes away any shimmer and it makes the colour look a lot deeper.

In the daytime it didn't crease - by 10pm at night (by which time I had been wearing this for fourteen hours(!) there was only very slight creasing but maybe even this could be eradicated by using a primer?

I wish I had discovered this product sooner - its foolproof and the results are gorgeous.  I am already trying to decide what colour to buy next?!

I bought this from Selfridges for £20.50

No comments:

Post a Comment