Search This Blog

Wednesday 10 July 2013

Review: Illamasqua Powder Blusher in S.O.P.H.I.E

I recently bought this blusher on a whim, it was online in the Illamasqua sale and I have heard so many good things about these blushers that I decided to give one a go.  I read a few reviews online and decided that the SOPHIE shade would (hopefully) work on my fair skin.

 


Like always, Illamasqua's delivery is super quick and items are packaged well - I have no complaints there.  



The packaging looks good, its black plastic and I like the clear plastic lid as it means you can instantly see the colour you are looking for in your make up bag.


I was blown away when I first tried this, I used my regular Illamasqua blusher brush and dabbed it in the powder as I normally would but this is so much more pigmented than any blush I have used before so I had to do a fair bit of blending!  However now I know how pigmented this shade is I only lightly touch the powder with the brush meaning you use less and still get a brilliant amount of colour on your cheeks.


I have been wearing this every day for the last five days - I absolutely love it and personally I prefer it to Nars Orgasm which I was loving up til I received this!  They are similar colours but the colour payoff with SOPHIE is quite a bit better.  This blush does great things for my pale skin, I feel like I look a lot healthier with it on.  I have found it very easy to blend (even on the first application when I overloaded the brush!) and its not chalky.  Its longlasting too, which is particularly impressive at the moment when London is in the middle of a heatwave!

I got this for £15 (down from £18 in the sale) from www.illamasqua.com  


No comments:

Post a Comment