Search This Blog

Wednesday 5 June 2013

Review: Illamasqua Pure Pigment in Static

Apolgies for being quiet over the last couple of weeks....I was on holiday and had meant to write some posts that would go on the blog whilst I was away but work and life seemed to go mad the week before I went so I ended up neglecting my blog - bad me!!  However I am back now and really eager to write about some of the products that I took on holiday with me! 

The standout star item of the week was this one - I have absolutely fallen in love with it!  Its the Illamasqua Pure Pigment in Static - its a iridescent pink/silver powder that you can use on your eyes, cheeks or anywhere you fancy!


I went to an Illamasqua Beauty School drop-in lesson about a month ago at the store in Beak Street in London.  It was fascinating, I love watching how the experts use the products, its so inspiring.  The make up artist used this pigment and it looked incredible so the following week I just had to buy it myself!  I must admit I am drawn to sparkly powders but in the past have been disappointed by their performance - some are not long lasting or they end up falling from your eye onto your cheek and the whole look just goes a bit wrong.  I am happy to report that I didn't have either of these problems with this pigment!



I used this most nights on holiday, I would apply my eyeshadow and liquid liner as normal and then would dip my ring finger in the pigment and then gently apply to my eyelid.  I absolutely loved the effect created when this went over my black liquid eyeliner - it turned the eyeliner a sparkly purple colour - gorgeous!

My one tip would be not to apply any make up to the lower part of your face whilst apply the pigment as there is a slight fallout at first but once its on, it stays on and won't migrate.



My one issue and it is a small one is the packaging.  I do normally like Illamasqua's packaging, it performs well and looks good.  But with this you do have to yank the lid off and I have had quite a bit of the pigment fall onto my carpet (ooh sparkly carpet!) which is a bit annoying.  However I will put up with it as I love the the product so so much and am tempted to buy other colours in the range.

Pure Pigment cost me £16.50 at Selfridges.

No comments:

Post a Comment