Search This Blog

Wednesday 5 June 2013

Review: Illamasqua Blusher Brush 1

I am currently trying to build up my make-up brush collection, I am trying to get the best brushes I can afford.....its an investment right?!

Recently I was perusing the Illamasqua counter in Selfridges, I was looking at the blushes but somehow ended up purchasing a blusher brush.....not sure how that happened!!


I am happy it did happen though as I cannot fault this brush, granted I don't have many to compare it against, up until now I had been using an EcoTools Blusher Brush which I was happy with but it sometimes felt too big and more like a powder brush.

Firstly I was struck by how soft the hairs are - at first I kept rubbing this brush on the back of my hand because it was so soft!  The hairs are synthetic which I prefer, its cruelty free and you can use with both powder and cream blushes. 

I have been mainly using this brush with my new favourite blusher (Nars Orgasm) and it works beautifully, I get the powder exactly where I want it and find this is a good brush for contouring.

Finally I have found this brush washes well and doesn't shed (which is one of my pet hates with brushes!)

Illamasqua Blusher Brush 1 cost me £29.50 at Selfridges.

PS. have any of you tried the Blush Up Brush - I recently watched a tutorial on it and it looks fantastic!





No comments:

Post a Comment