Search This Blog

Wednesday 22 May 2013

Empties

I really enjoy reading bloggers' Empties posts so I have started saving my empty bottles so I can start doing my own Empties posts!  Here goes for my first ever!


First up is Beautannia Brideshead Bath & Shower Gel which is available from Space NK.  This was part of a gift set and it was a joy to use, the smell is lovely, describing scent is not my strong point but it is a fresh floral smell and the smell stayed on my skin for a good hour or so after my shower which I really liked.  The gel itself is silky and you only need a little bit and it lathers up well so I was able to make this small bottle last.  I would purchase this in future.....but it costs £30 for a 350ml bottle which I think is a bit steep for a shower gel so if I was in Space NK looking for a shower gel I would probably purchase from the Life NK range instead which is a bit more reaonable price wise.

The second used up item is L'Oreal Mythic Oil Conditioner which is part of the Mythic Oil range, I know people rave about Mythic Oil so I decided to try the shampoo and conditioner from the range.  The conditioner cost £12.10 from Lookfantastic.com and is quite reasonable for the size.  I used up this conditioner but I didn't feel it did a lot for my fine but damaged highlighted hair.  It was just ok, it conditioned my hair but was certainly nothing special and I wasn't mad on the smell.  I wouldn't buy this again but if someone gave me a free bottle I would use it up!!

The third product is L'Occitane Pivoine Flora Shower Gel which was really lovely to use, it was a small bottle that was part of a gift set I got for my birthday.  A little of this shower gel goes a long way and lathers up well.  The smell is gorgeous, it contains a peony extract and it made my bathroom smell so nice.  I don't think the smell lingered on my skin too long but this was still a pleasure to use.  A full size bottle costs £13 for 250ml and I would purchase this in future.

The last item is Elemis Exotic Frangipani Monoi Bath & Shower Cream which was another birthday gift (yes I was very spoiled!)  The packaging looks nice and expensive and the smell is really nice, it contains frangipani flowers and tahitian oil - its a really comforting aroma and I loved using this in the shower over winter when it was freezing outside.  The smell would envelope me and just make me feel a bit better about the fact it was zero degrees outside.  The shower cream is....er.....creamy and lathers up well, I did feel really nice and clean after using this.  I have had a little look online and it costs over £20 so I probably wouldn't purchase but I do hope to receive this as a gift again!!

Hope you enjoyed my first empties post....I am already saving bottles/tubes for my next post!

2 comments:

  1. Great empties! I've got the Beautannia Shower Gel to use and love Elemis Exotic Frangipani range x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Beauty Balm! They are both such lovely products aren't they....I am almost sad to have used them up! x

      Delete