Search This Blog

Wednesday 1 May 2013

Review: Kiehl's Supremely Gentle Eye Make-up Remover

Recently I have been posting about new items I have acquired which of course is great fun for me but I thought I should tell you about my holy grail products, the products that I have found that I always repurchase and use on a daily basis.

A few years ago I always used Lancome Bi-Facil Eye Make-up Remover and had no problems with it.....until I developed an allergy to it.....literally overnight!  I then moved onto a Ren Eye make-up remover which was then discontinued so I then tried Talika Gentle Eye Cleanser which I really liked but I seemed to get through a bottle of this stuff at lightning speed and seemed to constantly be repurchasing making this product quite pricey.

I wasn't having that much luck until I tried Kiehl's Supremely Gentle Eye Make-up Remover.  I think the name drew me towards it, as someone who has experienced an allergie reaction to an eye make-up remover I wanted something gentle however the test is that some days I wear shadow, liquid liner and lashings of mascara so it needs to be effective at cleaning this all off.

I am happy to say that this product delivers on every front!


I love that this is a light creamy lotion and not at all greasy (it reminds me of my former Ren favourite), it isn't fragranced and is safe for contact lens wearers.  It contains Contains cooling Cucumber Gel, Antioxidants (Lutein, and Beta-Carotene) and Apricot Kernel Oil.

To use, I dampen a cotton wool pad and put a small blob of remover onto the pad and then press gently over my eye and hold for about ten seconds and then I wipe.  I then fold the pad and repeat on the same eye and its that simple.  It takes everything off and doesn't leave my eyes irritated or red.

I can't advise if this works on waterproof make-up as I don't use waterproof make-up myself but it works a treat otherwise. 

It costs £17.50 but lasts for ages as you only need to use such a tiny amount.



2 comments:

  1. Hello Beauty Detective,
    It's nice to see your blog for the first time :)
    Thanks for introducing Kiehl's eye makeup remover. I love Kiehl's product and glad to hear that this product works for you too. I'd like to put this into my next wishlist.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much Memoiselle and thanks for dropping by!
    Please do let me know what you think of this product if you do buy it x

    ReplyDelete