Search This Blog

Monday 13 May 2013

Review: Clarins Extra-Firming Body Lotion

I was going to throw this empty in the recycling (as you can see from the photo I got every last bit of product out!) but then I thought I should share what I thought of it with you as its a really nice product.

I got this tube of Clarins Extra-Firming Body Cream as a gift with purchase last autumn and for a while it sat in my drawer forgotten but now we are getting towards summer I have been rifling through my cupbards and drawers for firming products!


This lotion claims to restore the skin's youthful density and elasticity. It also claims to instantly smooth away lines, leaving skin soft and satin-smooth.  I would say it definitely does most of those claims.  I found that by applying the lotion daily to those wobbly areas the tone of the skin is definitely improved and the texture of the skin just seems smoother and softer.

However I don't think this cream (or for that matter any cream) can lift an area but hey I wasn't expecting that so wasn't disappointed. 

What I would say this lotion is good for is getting my neglected winter skin ready for the summer and being exposed on the beach......anything that improves the appearance of my skin is a winner in my book.

The lotion was also really pleasurable to use, its fairly light in texture and has a very subtle fragrance which fades really quickly and it absorbs within about two minutes which is a bonus when waiting to get dressed.

The only downside is the price, I had a look online and it costs £40 for 200ml.  I probably wouldn't repurchase as I find that quite expensive as I think I'd go through a tube of this really quickly, its a shame as its a really lovely product.

No comments:

Post a Comment