Search This Blog

Monday 9 December 2013

Essie luxeffects As Gold as it Gets

The Essie luxeffects range have been knocking about for at least a year or so and its bad that I have not tried them.....until now!  In a nod to the festive season I decided to give As Gold as it Gets a try.  It is varnish with gold metallic flecks in and can be worn alone or on top of another shade.

I wore two coats of Essie Fishnet Stockings (on top of a base coat) and then applied one coat of As Gold as it Gets.  


The effect is quite nice, its like gold flecks have been sprinkled onto your nails.  It's not completely uniform but I wasn't expecting it to be especially after just one coat.  I finished with Seche Vite Top Coat which gave the nails a nice glossy finish.



There are five shades in the Luxeffects range so it would be nice to try some of the others as well as the different shades will create different effects.  I think this range is great to liven up any varnish or wear alone for a more subtle look.

No comments:

Post a Comment