Search This Blog

Monday 9 December 2013

Essie Toggle to the Top

Toggle to the Top is one of Essie's Winter 2013 offerings.  I was very excited about this particular shade coming out as I love a bit of glitter especially at this time of the year.  Essie describe the shade as "show-stopping sparkling crushed garnet lacquer" but on this occasion I am afraid I didn't completely agree with their description.  First of all have a look:


Now I admit my photo isn't the best but I really didn't feel this polish was as sparkly and glittery as it could have been.  I feel its a glittery shade for someone who doesn't want to draw too much attention to their nails. A kind of muted glitter if you will.  Maybe I feel like this because I have, in the past, gone for brighter red glittery shades that just feel more Christmassy and fun to me.


However whilst I was a bit disappointed by Toggle to the Top, I have to say it wasn't a bad colour, I just think I thought it would be more eye catching.  However if you want a dark burgundy shade with glitter in then this would be perfect for you.

My one tip would be to use a good top coat as it gives a smooth finish otherwise your nails may feel a bit rough (there is a lot of glitter in this varnish).

I have the Orly shade Spar Spangled at home and I think I have to try that next as it looks like the perfect glittery red and probably what will make me gaze happily at my nails!!

No comments:

Post a Comment