Search This Blog

Wednesday 6 November 2013

Review - Illamasqua Blush up Brush

I recently found myself at the Illamasqua counter in Selfridges, I had gone there with the intention of buying the Reflection Palette (which I did buy and absolutely love!) but whilst I was chatting to the assistant she offered to put the Skin Base Foundation on me.  I've always wanted to try it especially as I have read mixed reviews of it.

To apply the foundation she said she would use the Blush up Brush.  I told her I thought that was for contouring and she said it can be but she thinks its also really good for applying foundation.



I was blown away when she had finished applying the foundation, it looked so flawless.  She had gently dabbed the foundation on and then checked my face and dabbed a touch more foundation on any red areas which then also become flawless!  I was so impressed and it made me realise how good it is to play around with brushes to find different uses for them.




The brush itself is really nice to handle, its black as with all Illamasqua brushes.  The bristles are dense, stiff and short but still feel lovely and soft so its really nice to use.  I have washed it once so far and it washed well and looks as good as new!




I can't comment on what this brush is like to contour as so far I have only used it to apply foundation but I will watch a tutorial video on contouring soon and then give it a go.

I should also add that I wasn't overly impressed with Illamasqua Skin Base Foundation.  Whilst at first it looked incredible, I found that within two hours my skin looked really oily so I am glad I have at last tried it but I can't recommend it.  The brush on the other hand is a winner!

Illamasqua Blush Up Brush was £28.50 from Selfridges

No comments:

Post a Comment