Search This Blog

Tuesday 29 October 2013

Body and Hair Empties

As promised in yesterday's post here are my body and haircare empties from the past month:



Balance Me Super Toning Body Wash

I got this 100ml Balance Me Body Wash free with Glamour Magazine, not a bad free gift eh?  It sat in my bathroom cupboard for ages but I recently grabbed it as I am on a mission to use things up before I purchase more!  This was a very pleasant body wash, it had a light herbal aroma, it contains a blend of juniper, bergamot, geranium and lavender but its not overpowering and doesn't last long on the skin.  It lathered up well and was enjoyable to use however I am not sure about its "super toning" claims, it made no difference to the appearance of my skin.....not that I was expecting it to!  I probably wouldn't repurchase this, it was nice but I do like to try different body washes!

This product was free with Glamour magazine




Pureology Pure Volume Shampoo

At first I wasn't keen on this shampoo!  I thought I had made a mistake buying it but withing a few uses I had  completely changed my mind and now I plan on repurchasing it!  So why the turnaround......well Pureology don't put any sulfates in their products so when I first shampooed my hair with this, I found that my hair had a weird matt feel to it, I would go ahead and use a conditioner as normal and then it was fine.  After a few uses I got used to the matt feel and found that my hair was in better condition and felt lighter and as though it had more volume.  I now wonder if my hair had a matt feel as the sulfates weren't coating my hair?  I could be wrong with my theory but something definitely made my hair feel different to how it usually feels.

This shampoo is also concentrated meaning you only need to use a small amount and it lathers up amazingly well considering it doesn't contain sulfates.  I have had this bottle for ages so I definitely got my money's worth.  I will definitely repurchase and I am looking forward to trying other Pureology products too.

Pure Volume Shampoo cost £13.85 at Lookfantastic.com





Paul Mitchell Forever Blonde Conditioner

I have already repurchased this conditioner - its that good!  First of all, I love the smell.....it reminds me of Johnsons Baby Lotion but if you are not keen on that smell it does seem to disperse fairly quickly.  You can use this conditioner on a daily basis and its perfect for any blondes who have colour in their hair.  I highlight my hair and the ends can be pretty damaged but I found this really improved things.  Its a nice thick lilac formula and I like to put it on and leave it for a minute or two to really work its magic.  Once rinsed off I find that my hair looks much smoother and is a breeze to comb through.  This is one of my new favourite conditioners!

Fovever Blonde Condition cost £14.95 at Lookfantastic.com




Percy & Reed Reassuringly Firm Session Hold Hairspray

This handbag size hairspray was another freebie from Glamour magazine (I am impressed with their free gifts this year!) and its a really nice hairspray.  I don't always use hairspray but recently I have been curling my hair with my Babyliss Curl Secret and I like to finish with a quick spritz of this.  It holds my fine hair well and has a pleasant fragrance.  Would I repurchase this, yes I think I would - a 250ml can is £12 which isn't bad as it would last really well  for me as I don't use it every day.  

This hairspray was a free gift with Glamour magazine

No comments:

Post a Comment