Search This Blog

Wednesday 4 September 2013

Ren Rosa Centifolia Express Make-Up Remover and Ren Rosa Centifolia 3-in-1 Cleansing Water and a free gift!

Marks and Spencer are currently running a great promotion where you get a free gift if you buy certain beauty products.  It would have been wrong for me not to go and investigate and as it was payday when I looked it was almost a certainty that I would make a purchase!

I was running low on cleanser so when I saw Ren was part of the promotion I was really pleased, especially when I saw the new Rosa Centifolia range was for sale.

The first item I got was Ren Rosa Centifolia Express Make-Up Remover.  This is basically a very gentle cleanser that you can use on the eye area which is great if you are in a rush.  It is formulated with Rice Bran oil to soothe and hydrate the skin while Tannins from Rosa Centifolia are said to reduce pore size. I have been using this for almost a week now and I haven't noticed any change in my pores (yet) but I would say this is a really pleasant cleanser, it removes all my make up in just a few swipes, I remove the cleanser with cotton wool pads.  There is a subtle rose scent from this make-up remover which would probably put me off buying it again as rose isn't my favourite fragrance especially not on my face but having said that I will happily use and finish this product and if you like the aroma of roses you will probably love this.



The second item I bought was the Ren Rosa Centifolia 3-in-1 Cleansing Water.  I think this is Ren's version of Bioderma micellar water.  I do like my Bioderma, its a great, quick and easy way to remove make-up and freshen up.  I have found Ren's Cleansing Water to be very similar.  I soak a cotton wool pad in the Cleansing Water and find that any remaining make-up/dirt comes up really easy and its a lovely last step to ensure my face is completely clean.  

Once again the only downside for me is the rose fragrance, at night time I don't find it very soothing and even though you can use this over the delicate eye area, I found that it irritated my eyes.  I will use this up but I doubt I would repurchase because of the eye issue.

As I purchased two items I got a free gift - wahey!  Here it is:


What a great gift!  I got the Ren bag and five decent sized samples....I will be trying them all this week and will let you know what I thought of them shortly!

Both items cost £13 at M&S and the beauty promotion runs until 11th September 2013.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

UPDATE

I thought I would report back now that I have been using the Express Make-Up Remover and Cleansing Water for a few weeks now.  Unfortunately I have not enjoyed either of these products, in fact I would go as far as to say I have found them to be a bit let down.

First off, the Express Make-Up Remover, I just find it very heavy and I hate when Cleansers feel like this.  When I say heavy I mean it feels like quite a thick cream and when I have removed it all from my skin I find my face still feels as though it has the product on and my skin doesn't feel clean.  I prefer a product that feels like it has removed the dirt and does not sit on the skin.

So I then move onto the Cleansing Water in the hope it'll remove the residue and leave my skin feeling clean and fresh,  Whilst I would say you are left feeling clean after using this, it just doesn't agree with me, the rose scent is overpowering and you are meant to be able to use this water in the eye area but it stings my eyes and  I have had to stop using this as it was making my eyes sore.  

Perhaps I am a big allergic to the ingredients?  Who knows, either way these two products didn't work for me and I'll probably end up getting rid of them which is a shame as they weren't that cheap and they are both three quarters full.  If anyone reading this would like to try them (despite my less than glowing review) please give me a shout!

I would be really interested to know if you have used these products and how you found them?

No comments:

Post a Comment