Search This Blog

Friday 6 September 2013

Early September Empties!

I am continuing on my mission to finish products and rather satisfying it is too!  You will note I called this post "early" September empties and yep this is because I am hoping there will be another empties post this month.  As I said, I am a woman on a mission!!

So, lets get started......


First item is Kerastase Elixir Ultime Beautifying Oil-Enriched Masque.  I bought this from Look Fantastic for £28.50) as I really wanted a decent hair mask to get my hair back into decent condition (highlights and heat styling had taken their toll) and I have to say I felt this mask played a part in improving the condition of my hair.  The smell is lovely and it does linger for a while after you have rinsed it off.  I tend to wash my hair and squeeze as much water out as I can then I leave this on for 5-10 minutes and then rinse.  My hair feels stronger since I have been using this and certainly looks more healthy.  I have already purchased a new tub.

Second item is Rituals Happy Buddha Foaming Shower Gel Sensation.  I bought this from the Rituals store in Westfield for £7.00.  I should just stay the Rituals stores are fabulous, they have a sink in the shop that you can use to test as many of the shower gels as you want - brilliant!  When I tried this new Happy Buddha shower gel I was struck by the zingy aroma, its perfect for early morning showers.  The product comes out as a gel but then turns into a foam making it really easy to lather up.  The only downside is that this ran out very quickly so I don't feel that I got that many uses out of it, for this reason I wouldn't repurchase.


Third item is Paul Mitchell Extra-Body Daily Shampoo.  I bought this for £9.95 from Lookfantastic.  I loved this!  Firstly you get 300ml for under a tenner which is good value I think, also a little goes a long way so this bottle lasted me for ages.  The shampoo is safe for people with colour in their hair and cleanses well without weighing your hair down.  It has a nice subtle smell too.  I will definitely be repurchasing - you cannot go wrong with this shampoo if you have fine hair.

The fourth item I worked my way through is Benefit They're Real Mascara.  I bought this for £16.25 at Heathrow Airport.  It is the third time I have purchased this mascara but I am afraid its the last time I will do so.  At first I loved this mascara, it gave me defined lashes that had a bit of volume and length and didn't smear throughout the day but it dries out quickly.  The first tube I had lasted me only about 7 weeks which I thought was really poor.  For some unknown reason I decided to repurchase and whilst the second tube didn't dry out as quickly (I took more care to use it as quickly as possible) I found it was crumbling once on my lashes.  Like a wally I bought another tube when passing through the airport (it was cheaper there) but I am not sure if the formula has changed or whether its me but I don't find the effect on my lashes is that special anymore.  Also Benefit have increased the price by a pound so it now costs £19.50 - pah!  I am currently trying YSL Babydoll Mascara so I will let you know how I get on with that one.


The fifth item is Clynol Colour & Care Enrich Shampoo.  I received this in a Glossybox and it is a travel size.  I have no complaints about this shampoo, it cleaned my hair well and didn't weigh it down (always my worry with shampoos for coloured hair), it smelt nice too so I would buy this again but I don't know of many places where you can buy this - I am sure I can find it if I look online.

The sixth item is Bumble & Bumble Thickening Shampoo.  I bought this travel size for £5.50 from Liberty for  a holiday.  I loved this and would buy again but a full is pricey so I imagine I will choose the Paul Mitchell shampoo over this.  The smell is nothing special (something I find with a lot of Bumble & Bumble products) but it feels lovely to use, lathers up well and left my hair feeling full of volume.  

The last item is Sebastian Professional Color Ignite Multi Shampoo.  I received this as part of a gift when I bought some other Sebastian products.  This shampoo is specifically for highlighted hair so I was really keen to try this and I did like it, it smells gorgeous, lathers well but it did weigh my hair down slightly - I would probably only use this shampoo once a week to keep my colour looking good.  I'd maybe consider buying this again if it was on special offer.

Thanks for reading! 


No comments:

Post a Comment