Search This Blog

Friday 9 March 2012

Clarins Face Treatment Oil Lotus





I've had my eye on the Clarins Face Treatment Oil for a while and recently they repackaged all the face oils and have been pushing them, meaning they are constantly in my eye line when I zipping through beauty departments - eek! 

Last weekend I gave in and bought it for myself.  I chose Lotus as I have combination skin and lotus is apparently naturally astringent and the blend of rosewood, geranium and lotus purifies and tightens pores and refines the skin texture.  Sounds good I thought.  I was particularly keen on the tightening of pores!

The Clarins assistant told me to apply a couple of drops every night for three weeks to see a difference and then use the oil when I felt the need thereafter.

I used the oil for four nights and.......have broken out in spots.....ok its only three spots but normally I (luckily) have clear skin so am not over the moon that I have any spots at all.  I've stopped using the oil but am wondering what to do.....should I start up again, is getting spots a normal part of this oil - a breakout and then mega clear skin?  Or maybe oil just doesn't work on my skin?

I've previously tried Shu Uemura cleansing oils and they did nothing for me at all and left my skin feeling slightly greasy.

Has anyone else used the Clarins Oil - did you have any breakouts or did you find it worked from the off?  I'm going to have a think about whether to use or whether to bung onto Ebay!!!

6 comments:

  1. I haven't tried this product but what a disappointment to hear. I like face oils and I have combination... Usually they don't break me out. I would recommend to give it another go. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're right, I should give this at least one more go.....I'll keep you posted as to how I get on! :-)

      Delete
  2. I've tried this before and I did get breakouts initially but this cleared up quickly x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooh thats really good to know - maybe its part of the process. I will give it another go....fingers crossed! x

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. Thats good to hear. I'm going to try it again I think!! x

      Delete